Home Remedies For Eczema
Eczema can be an embarrassing and painful condition of the skin. It is a condition that can show up at any time and at any age. It is puts the sufferer through an emotionally horrible time and can lead to more serious skin conditions such as Sirius’s. It is something that can be treated without the exposure to harsh chemicals or pill taking of any sort. We will give you a brief overview of the condition and provide you with simple home remedies to cure it for yourself. The result is individual and some experimentation may be necessary.
Eczema and your diet
In so many of these home remedies we hear the same thing repeated over and over again regarding dietary changes. As repetitive as it is, the typical American diet or western diet is causing so many of these horrible little conditions. It is more about the fats and the chemicals we are being poisoned with each day. We are eating so many more packed foods with more chemicals in them than ever before. This is what affects the blood and the entire system, hence we wake up with these crazy conditions that were never around before and wonder why?
We are what we eat and we need to remember a rule that we did not come up with but the source is Michael Pollan and that is “If it is made from a plant, eat it—if it was made by a plant don’t eat it” this is a rule that vegetarian’s use and it means if it was made in a “plant” meaning, a factory—then don’t eat it but if it is from its natural source like a plant in your garden, then you are all clear. You don’t have to be a vegetarian to do this—you can eat mean—just make sure it is organic as possible. Some of these skin and other conditions come from inflammation in the body and this is where we have an issue.
Inflammation causes heart-disease and stroke and a myriad of all kinds of stuff. Hormonal conditions and violent swings can cause the body’s immune system to start fighting itself. This is also a cause of certain skin conditions. The hormones injected in our foods are causing things like this in record numbers and doctors are handing out steroid-based medications which are further harming our system and not curing the problem.
So changing your diet to includes amino fatty acids and omega 3 and 6 are essential. Eat organic fish and lean protein and put bananas on tip of your list along with other fruits, nuts and berries and you will see a difference in a matter of months.
Home remedies for eczema
- Use extra virgin coconut oil places directly on the skin and rubbed in. Towel off by patting, any extra left on the skin so you don’t have a greasy mess. When you take a shower that night, make sure your soap is an all-natural or organic soap so you are not being counterproductive to your goal.
- Chamomile flowers or the tea boiled and soaked in a sits bath or just applied to the affected areas works wonders as chamomile, among other things is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Break open some vitamin E capsules and also take internally on a daily basis to the maximum daily allowance. Do not go overboard as vitamin A, E, D, and K can be overdosed. However, on the skin—go to town with it—you are all clear. It will not just cure the itch but heal and promote new skin growth. Did you make any scars from scratching? Then this will clear up new scars as well. Vitamin E has been used for acne treatments as well.
- Use the liquid of soaked organic cucumber. You can eat the cucumber and use the water on the affected area.
- Boil and mash some organic carrots. Make a paste and apply to the affected area.
You should also keep a journal and track what aggravates or triggers and attack of eczema. Home remedies for eczema are great but most of the problem is from the inside out not the outside in and if you don’t treat the inside first, all the outside treatments in the world are just a temporary band aid on the issue.